Re: [Nolug] CD-ROM problem

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:41:39 -0600

-ray <ray@ops.selu.edu> writes:

> Fix the problem by re-installing? What are you guys, Windows users?? :)
> Hahaha... Fix the problem you're having now the hard way. I bet you'll
> learn a lot about how linux works, and you'll know how to fix it next
> time. Better yet, you'll know what NOT to do next time.

I'm adapting my advice to the user in question. JD doesn't seem
like the type of guy who wants to spend hours learning and troubleshooting.
If he did, he wouldn't be asking the type of questions he's asking. People
learn and work in different ways and at different paces. I'm trying to
show that "there's more than one way to do it". If he needs to get up and
running again quick, a re-install may be his best bet. I suspect he knows
already what not to do ;)

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."