Re: [Nolug] New website Beta testing announcement

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 08:10:42 -0600

Joey Kelly <joey@joeykelly.net> writes:

> I really like the direction you're taking the web site. My first impression
> is it's greeat! My second impression, is there is too much going on there.
> There seems to be a lot of clutter. Personally, I vote to remove slashdot
> and freshmeat information.

This is great feedback. Anyone else agree that the front page is
to "busy" and that these items should be removed? Obviously I like em
but a yay or nay concensus from the group would be good.

And those of you who want to contribute alternate color schemes/themes
for the site can check out http://themes.postnuke.com for more info. At
the very least, I will make them optional. Registered users can change the
site's theme in their user preferences. There are some unedited samples
there now. If someone submits something really good, I'll make it
the default.

You should know that I don't want too much graphical eye-candy. Clean
and efficient is what I'm going for. I know it can be better than what
I've done thus far but it's definitely time to move forward.

> Here are a couple of suggestions to add into the FAQ:
> 1. How do I subscribe to the mailing list?
> 2. How do I unsubscribe to the mailing list?
> 3. What happens on the mailing list, what kind of discussions are there?
> 4. I'm sure the new site will keep updated meeting locations, but it would
> probably be a good idea to include meeting locaions in the FAQ: When and
> where are meetings?

These are excellent suggestions and will be added.

You guys can add FAQ questions directly to the site. When I log in,
I'll get a message about "waiting content" and will be able to add your
questions to the FAQ (along with answers of course).

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."