Re: [Nolug] Guess they haven't heard of *nix

From: Charles <pcguy1_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:35:51 -0600

This was the St. Charles Parish Schools not Cox. Cox uses a mix of OS's including *nix based
systems. Had to upgrade due to the need for and use of digital platforms. Here is an article
about an interesting technology.

http://telephonyonline.com/ar/telecom_looking_good/

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> Humorous note about Cox Jefferson and how companies sometimes just keep
> on using unexpected technology: back, oh, ~10 years ago, I surfed to
> channel 4 (scrolling TV listings, even before TV Guide took over), and
> saw an AmigaDOS error screen! Video has always been a strength of the
> Amiga, so I wasn't super surprised...

At Charter in Opelousas/Eunice I was setting up their cable modem
stuff a couple of years ago and noted that they had an Amiga in the
headend. It was still active and serving up their
"character-generated" channel. I can't imagine that it's still there,
but it might be. This was in 2001.

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."