Re: Re: [Nolug] USB problems

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 17:24:52 -0500

Joey Kelly wrote at 2003/03/17 Mon AM 05:55:53 EST:

Run "lsmod" as root and scan the list to see if you have any usb kernel
modules loaded. Alternately you could grep that list for "usb", I suppose.

--Joey
Have run lsmod as you suggested and found nothing that looks USB-related in the list. Which ones do I need and where can I get them? I assume they aren't on the RH 8.0 distro, as I didn't turn down anything related to USB when I installed. One internet source recommended running lsusb, and I got a message that it isn't on my system.

Thou spake:
>Using RH 8.0, I entered
> rpm -q hotplug hwdata usbutils
>and got back
> hotplug-2002_04_01-13
> hwdata-0.47-1
> usbutils-0.9-7
>but when I have USB devices plugged into the computer their LEDs don't
> light. What am I missing? I am still struggling with the Alcatel USB DSL
> modem ("Stingray"), a Canon n670u scanner, and an Iomega external USB CD
> burner. I find a lot of info on the internet, but much of it is not
> specific to these items--though not getting any LEDs lit seems pretty basic
> to me. Any suggestions?

I'd rather crash a Ford than wreck a Chevy