Re: [Nolug] kde 3.1.1 impressions

From: Tim Kelley <tpk_at_23rdward.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 18:19:44 -0600

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 5:02 pm, Scott Harney wrote:
> Running Gentoo here so getting from KDE3.1 to KDE3.1.1 was painless.
> Gentoo stays very current thanks to the source-based portage system.
> I've been using KDE3.1 for a while and there were a few bugs.
> Konqueror seemed really slow to start and had some issues with
> plugins. This has been fixed. In particular I am able to use the
> mplayerplug-in to use mplayer to view embedded video streams.
> mplayer has played every codec I've come across.

KDE 3.1.1 is absolutely awesome. Running Debian unstable here ...
Windows' days are certainly numbered. I agree, almost all the little
bugs with konq have been resolved.

> I understand that Debian includes 3.1.1 in unstable as of now.

You can get it for stable, but I can't vouch for how well it runs in
stable ... there were compiler issues with gcc2.95 and KDE 3.1.1 I
believe.

--
Tim Kelley
tpk at 23rdward dot org