[Nolug] SAGE: It's Salary Survey Time!

From: mikey_at_otisinc1.net
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:45:15 -0500 (EST)

I don't know how many NOLUG-ers out there are members of Usenix or SAGE,
but they have an annual SysAdmin survey that some of you might want to be
part of to contribute to our beloved (yet thankless) profession. It also
provides a bit of clue to HR folks on what sort of work environment and
perks we SysAdmins favour (care and feeding of your company geeks :).

<snip>
Each year, SAGE administers a salary survey to gauge the state of
affairs of sysadmin compensation. This year, SAGE has teamed up with
SANS and Sun's BigAdmin group to expand the reach of the survey,
potentially to as many as 250,000 admins.

Why team up? Because salary surveys are valuable when their
participation level is high. They reveal statistics about salaries,
work habits, and other information that you can use to point out
legitimate industry trends or argue with your HR department.

I'm trying to make this year's salary survey the best ever! Not only
have the questions streamlined but the software also includes a
complete (different) survey just for consultants and others who are
self-employed.

The survey takes less than 20 minutes to complete (many say that 17
minutes feels about right). Why not give it a whirl? You get a free
copy of the results in exchange for completing the survey... and you
also get the good feeling of knowing you have done a Good Thing.

Here's the URL: http://www.sage.org/salsur

Please encourage your colleagues to participate, as well.

RK

              * /\ Rob Kolstad Executive Director, SAGE
       * /\ / \ kolstad@sage.org FAX: +1 719-481-6551
        /\/ \/ \ +1 719-481-6542 15235 Roller Coaster Road
       / \ / \ http://www.sage.org Colorado Springs, CO 80921