[Nolug] Alcatel USB modem connects but no auth

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 19:46:15 -0500

    I finally got the StingRay modem to connect, using a script that was written for British Telecom subscribers. But it hangs on authentication. I found that the script added BT stuff in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets but I corrected that. Is there another file that I need to fix?
    The instructions with the script go through all the steps of adding modules so that the system boots with them, which was very helpful. There were a couple of other files that had to be edited, but the whole project shouldn't take much more than half an hour now . . . except for the authentication problem.