[Nolug] DNS/Reverse Lookup and a Host file.

From: Wimprine, Thomas <twimprine_at_stei.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:53:25 -0600

Let me spell out the problem first.

I have DNS and the Reverse lookup configured properly and it's working.
Actually it working so well I need to expand it's functionality to include
all routers in our network. The routers are maintained by a contractor and
when modifications are made they modify a host file. Pretty simple so far.
I need to copy that host file from the NT system to my Linux box every night
(done), include those records in the DNS files and make sure the reverse
lookup is working also (again nightly/not done). Now I need to make sure
that it's copied to two separate DNS domains. (The reverse only for one) and
I'm also (trying to) using dynamic DNS.
I'm hoping someone knows how or has done this already. There are scripts
mentioned in the Oreilly book DNS & BIND that are available for download,
but my copy is at home. That link would help a whole lot. Any suggestions
about how I should tackle this would be great, before I reinvent the wheel.
Thanks

Thomas Wimprine
Network Administrator
504.729.1495