RE: [Nolug] DNS/Reverse Lookup and a Host file.

From: Wimprine, Thomas <twimprine_at_stei.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:53:16 -0500

Because of DDNS and some of our hosts are registering themselves this really
isn't working. I will most likely do the child domain (routers.stei.com) and
work with that. When the named starts it reads the $INCLUDE statement it
actually copies that into the working file when the first journal file is
committed. That's causing some other issues that I wasn't expecting to deal
with, like how can I remove routers that no longer exist. This was easy when
I was replacing a single file every night and I could keep them separate,
with DDNS this crimps that plan.

I'll look for a way to increment the serial number using the date after I
separate the dns data again.