RE: [Nolug] Wireless IPSEC article on NOLUG

From: Carlos <carlos_at_cancansystems.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:26:03 -0700

What about poptop (or pptp) for VPN. I have a VPN running on a SuSE box
using poptop (ipsec just would not work on the win9x clients) and
working quite well, linking three remote Lans. There are certain
advantages to poptop in relation to ipsec (and viceversa). What about
some talk "ipsec vs pptp" for a nolug meeting? I also had successfully
installed swan/ipsec in the same box with predefined keys, and I think
that under Linux both can run concurrently.