Re: [Nolug] updating a RedHat box

From: Edward G Iglesias <iglesias_at_loyno.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 08:41:28 -0500 (CDT)

For what it's worth, I just updated from RH 8.0 to 9.0 and it worked well.
Read my Windows partition with no problem and I really like the Grub
loader. The updating utility is called up2date and can be called from the
command line. I have been unable to update my current box however because
my system doesn't trust RH's server certificate. Assuming you don't get
the same error it works like a dream. Fetches all packages as RPMs and
installs them in the right place.

Edward Iglesias
Technical Services Librarian/ILS Coordinator
J. Edgar and Louise S. Monroe Library
Loyola University New Orleans 504-864-7838