[Nolug] Can't disable BIOS Guardian

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 11:58:17 -0400

    When I brought my friend's PC back from Pass Christian to get the e-mail access working after upgrading to RH9, as soon as I tried to boot it here I got a message about having to disable BIOS Guardian before making any BIOS config changes. But I never enabled BIOS Guardian! It was booting fine in MS, but now when it gets to that message it freezes and the only way to start it again is to reboot. But it still won't go beyond that point. HD books in another computer. Could the motherboard have been damaged riding in the car? I had it in the front passenger seat with the seat belt around it. It's an FIC AD-11 and not more than a year old. Is there a fix for this or will I have to replace the mobo?