Re: [Nolug] using a Linux box as dialup server/voice mail?

From: Dave Prentice <prentice_at_instruction.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 10:53:10 -0500

Steve,
    A really easy thing to do would be to set up a 486 as a
firewall/router using something like Freesco. You can put the modem in
the router and have it answer incoming calls, then direct them to the
appropriate box in the network. You can have a mixture of OSes on the
machines inside the network, because the router is totally transparent
to them. I've been happy using freesco for the last 3 years, though
not for dialup.
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com