RE: [Nolug] RH 9 problems

From: Andy Cristina <acristina_at_penta-corp.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:42:42 -0500

What happens when you try logging in on a virtual console? Whenever I have
a graphical login issue, I usually try it on a virtual console first, to see
if somehow I've messed up something inherient in logging in at all. If that
works, then I go to debugging my X login.

At UNO, we've had plenty problems with our experimental linux boxen, because
the guy who admins them doesn't always install Korn shell. Since thats the
default shell of CS students, they have problems logging in. I'm sure thats
not your problem, but its usually helpful to see if its a log in or X login
problem.

(setq REPLY-TO "acristina@penta-corp.com")
| There is a chasm |
| of carbon and silicon |