Re: [Nolug] Cox's idea about fighting spam

From: Charles Jouglard <pcguy1_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:41:16 -0500

On 6/10/03 22:32, "Scott Harney" <scotth@scottharney.com> wrote:

> nolug@nolug.org
>>
>> Please enlighten me as to what third party email servers you seem to have
>> blocked.
>
> He sent me a copy of an email that stated that cox would be blocking all
> outbound port 25 connections other than those to smtp.east.cox.net from
> cable modem customers starting 6/12.
>
> Do you know of an appropriate venue where customers can register their
> displeasure with this new policy?
>
>> Charles Jouglard
>> Senior System Engineer
>> Cox Communications LoUiSiAna, LLC
>> (504) 390-4432

I am looking for my copy of the email. What it "should" say is "INBOUND" to
your cable modem on port 25. As a means to stop mail servers on residential
accounts.

The email that I previewed was written correctly. That does not mean that
some well meaning marketing type didn't make a typo before it was sent
out....