Re: Re: [Nolug] RH 9 problems

From: Dave Prentice <prentice_at_instruction.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:13:28 -0500

I'm not familiar with RH9, but in version 7.x I once had a problem
that sounds something like yours: root could log in to GUI, but not
other users. Try logging in as root, chdir to the /tmp directory, and
deleting everything off of /tmp that has "orbit" as any part of it,
including hidden directories and subdirectories. Then add a new user,
log out, and see if you can log in as that user. It's grasping at
straws, but why not?
Dave Prentice
prentice@instruction.com
http://www.originsresource.org