Re: [Nolug] RH 9 problems

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 10 Jun 2003 01:55:05 -0500

On Mon, 2003-06-09 at 23:12, jdtiede@bellsouth.net wrote:
> This didn't happen at first, but now I can only log in as root.
> This message appears when I try as non-root: "Your session only
> lasted less than 10 seconds. If you have not logged out yourself,
> this could mean that there is some installation problem or that you
> may be out of diskspace. Try logging in with one of the failsafe
> sessions to see if you can fix this problem."

How about turning gdm (or xdm or kdm) off, and rebooting.

That should bring you to a console login, so that you can see
if the problem is with login or X or [gxk]dm or whatever.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a  |
| hotel with a bunch of journalists in it."                 |
|     Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired)          |