Re: [Nolug] Cable vs DSL in New Orleans

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 17:35:29 -0500

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 10:17, John Nix wrote:
> I wanted to start a new thread because the Cox thread is getting a little
> hostile. I'm moving to the New Orleans area (specifically the Irish
> Channel area) really soon and I'm not sure whether I should go with Cox or
> a DSL provider. I've been through dslreports but a lot of the DSL places
> on there have gone out of business.

But there are areas that are too far from a CO. In that case, your
only alternative is Cox, which, as you know, blocks ports.

[snip]
> Oh and I am going to need a static IP. Is that available from Cox?

Not for home service, but it's pseudo-static...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a  |
| hotel with a bunch of journalists in it."                 |
|     Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired)          |