Re: [Nolug] ISP choices

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:12:19 -0500

On Thursday 12 June 2003 06:26 pm, Michael A. Bonnett, Jr. wrote:

> > But you'll have to run your own DNS and mail servers. Charter's never
> > worked for me. See previous rants about Cox...
> >

> I'd have to disagree, and I think Scott would as well. I never had a
> problem with the Charter DNS servers.

Ray's talking about prethe pre-DOCSIS COM21 days. I can't vouch for that
stuff. I know that what's there now for DNS is solid (ahem. grin) and all
that COM21 garbage is long gone. Can't say the same for Charter's mail
service. Though I never actuallay used it even when I was employed there.
I still use the Slidell primary as one of my backup DNS servers for lookups in
addition to my local dnscache.

--
Scott Harney <scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."