Re: [Nolug] command_line question

From: jdtiede_at_bellsouth.net
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:56:21 -0400

Take a look at "The Linux Cookbook: Tips and Techniques for Everyday Use" by Michael Stutz; Linux Journal Press, ISBN 1-886411-48-4 (pbk).

From: <jacklinux@cox.net>
Date: 2003/06/18 Wed PM 05:04:11 EDT
To: nolug@joeykelly.net
Subject: [Nolug] command_line question

I really haven’t been able to find what I’m looking for and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I need to learn more commands – I’m sick of GUIs and realize from growing up on Windoz that if I’m going to get to a guru level with Linux then I’m going to have to get my head around command line better. Finding commands is not so much the problem as coming up with useful exercises to apply the commands with checks to see if I did what I was trying to do. So I guess what I’m looking for is a great workbook with some practical exercises and checks so I can get this part of Linux locked down a little more. I’m not afraid of command line at all and really understand it’s the only way to be more than a luser at it.

Anyone know of such an animal?