[Nolug] WinXP print sharing alternatives

From: Retrolin_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:08:46 -0400

ok ok...I've tried and tried with this SAMBA stuff and with this CUPS stuff. THe farthest I can get is to get my linux box to connect to the printer shared on the windows XP machine, however, if I go to print or print a test page, it loses the connection, and i can't get it back unlesss I delete the queue and create a new one...only to do the exact same thing (lose connection when I go to actually use it) what I was wondering is if there are any SIMPLE printer sharing software I can install on windows XP that would make using it's printer much much easier.. something like Novell perhaps exept a lot less computer overtaking and can be running without excessive interferance(getting in the way) whenever the computer is turned on.

Thanks in advance
Michael