Re: [Nolug] OpenBSD 3.3 Crashing problems.

From: mikey_at_otisinc1.net
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 10:55:37 -0400 (EDT)

> Fee fi fo fum. I smell a hardware problem.Google doesn't reveal much but
> it sounds like either OpenBSD's drivers for your card have a bug or your
> card is problematic. The only other time I have had openbsd crash hard
> on me was with an earlier version of pf and the proxy ftp capability.
> If you can swap the card, I would try that. otherwise, you may have
> better luck asking openBSD mail list. Check out http://news.gmane.org
> You can find the openbsd misc mailing list archives searchable and
> browseable there. You can also post to them safely through their
> interface.

<aol>Me too!</aol>

As far as a search goes, it seems that your woes in 3.3 could be due to a
SCSI adapter or the NIC.

http://news.gw.com/openbsd.bugs/5891

http://www.monkey.org/openbsd/archive/bugs/0304/msg00092.html

As Scott said, I'd change out some cards and see if you get some happiness
with that. Depending upon how you set up the kernel (because I always try
to cut out any hardware support that I don't need to keep the kernel
trim), you might have to edit and recompile to make sure you have support
for your new $PART.

Since-beer-leekz,
Mikey
Unix Mercenary-We're not happy until you're not happy