Re: [Nolug] Unix and virus protection

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:25:46 -0500

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> All this talk about AV sw for Unix makes me ask: are these only as
> an adjunct to MTAs that then send the email to Windows MUAs?

Yep. bosses (in my case) are asking for virus scanning at the server
in addition to spam prevention. The architecure I use at work is
similar to the one I use at home except that I don't do any virus
scanning at home because I don't have any windows boxes ;)

Work
Qmail+qmail-scanner-queue, pop-before-smtp, clamav with daily updating
of virus db, spamassassin 2.5.1 (has the Bayes filtering on), procmail
as MDA

Postfix+spamassassin, smtp-auth, procmail as MDA

--
Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."