Re: Re: [Nolug] Evo and Outlook

From: rbstrickland_at_cox.net
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 15:43:34 -0400

> Thanks. I wonder how many of these vulnerabilities would be elim-
> inated if most programmers stopped using C, and went to pointerless
> languages (everything from Python, BASIC, Java and Lisp/workalikes,
> all the way to COBOL, Ada and FORTRAN) for most work.

I understand the point you're making, but COBOL does have pointers, and as I recall Ada's got them (but they're not so evil in Ada) and Java's got a functional equivalent (but it's been a really long time since I last used either Ada or Java.)

Of course the world would be a much better place if everyone coded in Lisp or Ada.

And BAH, who uses FORTRAN anymore???