Re: [Nolug] Was [raintalk] now spam talk

From: Dustin Puryear <dpuryear_at_usa.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 10:13:06 -0500

At 07:26 AM 7/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>On Friday 11 July 2003 12:36 pm, Scott Harney wrote:
> > Dustin Puryear <dpuryear@usa.net> writes:
> > > I often send eicar.com encoded in both MIME and uuencode to test a new
> > > AV solution for mail servers or after a change has been made:
> > >
> > > http://www.eicar.org/
>
>I tried this, but I didn't get any e-mails, and the payload came through
>fine.

I'm confused. You didn't get any emails, or the payload came through fine?
I think those two are mutually exclusive. :) Oh wait. Do you mean you
didn't get a notice from your AV software? Ah. If you sent eicar.com
through and it reached your mailbox then something isn't working. Try, try
again.

---
Dustin Puryear <dustin@puryear-it.com>
Puryear Information Technology, LLC <http://www.puryear-it.com>
Providing expertise in the management, integration, and
security of Windows and UNIX systems, networks, and applications.