Re: [Nolug] SAMBA (all the details I can possibly give hoping someone is still willing to help

From: Retrolin_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:18:26 -0400

to ron johnson, I've checked on the case sensativity...I used all lowercase on the password, and I used everything else exactly as it is stated on that table thing...to buz.... I figured forwarding those ports is useless due to the fact that it's within the LAN, and I'm not so sure I can forward the same port to more than one computer either. However, I can say that under port fowarding in the router setup (linksys BEFSR41 (incase you wanted to know), I do have the same port in there twice...xept fowarding to 2 ddiferent IP addresses. Linksys doesn't do much in the lines of checking such accident/errors (whatever you wish to call them), and I never tried seeing what happens if I go to pint one of those ports. and I assure you, once I get this working...all the firewall I can have will be...?haved? But I can say...it wasn't working, and I forwarded ports and diabled firewall (on linux)..don't worry, I've only been in linux lately trying to get it to print and I don't ever use any personal info on my compute
r, and the window's firewall wasn't enabled (firewall box is unchecked, and no other software is installed..AND while running in windows on this computer, I can connect to it. What I'm starting to look for (but am getting NO WHERE in finding it. is some type of client software I can install on the windows PC..something like Novell or Citrix....xept not quite so involved and intense. that would help me get linux to print.