[Nolug] LFS Project

From: Jack Ware <jacklinux_at_cox.net>
Date: 17 Jul 2003 23:33:37 -0500

        A discussion was started at the monthly meeting tonight and this thread
is meant to take that conversation to action. In short, NOLUG is going
to build a Linux system from scratch.This is meant to be a collective
effort and everything will be blogged on the NOLUG site.
        There are, however, more practical considerations that have to be
addressed. I'll mention some points of interest here and open it up for
input:

Hardware: New hardware could be purchased through monetary donations. Or
hardware could be donated for this purpose.
Software: heh heh, I'm just kidding.
A Home: Someone is going to have to take physical possession of the
hardware. This should be somewhere convenient and available evenings and
weekends.

Participants should be make themselves known and once suitable progress
has been made (like once hardware decisions have been made and we know
where it will live), then a meeting may be needed to shore up further
details and establish a "team structure".

Well, that should be enough to get things going. Have at it.

Jack