Re: [Nolug] re:Help!!

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:24:24 +0000

Thou spake:

<snip>

>enter, so it would use default things. But in the graphics part, I used the
>conservative options, and now i cam back in my linux box...Hooray!!
>Everything is a bit larger now and if someone could happen to know how to
>change the resolution, that would be great.

Here's a tip: when I have trouble configuring X, I shoot for 480x640. Once I
have that running, I can tweak it until I get what I want. Having
<b>soemething</b> to look at is better than it not running at all, even if it
does look like the view through a scott towel roll.

Ditto if I'm installing Linux from an ftp server. I'll Install the bare
minimum, and once I have a running system, I then go back and add the other
packages I want.