[Nolug] Qmail for Clam and Spamassassin

From: J. Kent Busbee, Jr. <buz_at_penwel.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 13:32:55 -0500

Ok,

I am considering breaking down and going from preinstalled "Sendmail" to
"Qmail" because I want spam (Spamassassin) and Virus (ClamAV) protection
and I found an "How-to" here:

http://clamav.essentkabel.com/doc/FreeBSD-HowTo/qmail-scanner-how-to.htm

Now, I did notice that you can plug "ClamAV" into "sendmail", but I
don't think you can plug Spamassassin into "sendmail". Also, I know
that a few persons on this list have gone with the "qmail", "sendmail",
"spamassassin" solution and have raved about it.

So, can someone explain why other than the obvious (it works with the
about how-to and others on this list may better be able to support me)
why I should go to qmail. What does qmail do better than sendmail?