Re: [Nolug] Gentoo?

From: Manuel Lora <vanguardist_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:27:24 -0500

I've never had a problem with anything breaking. Portage keeps track of which
dependencies (and their versions) are needed for each package, so they are
not deleted when a new version appears that would require a new lib. Also,
when removing packages, the lib is not deleted since it is needed by a
program.

It's surprisingly smooth.

ml