Re: [Nolug] Gentoo?

From: -ray <ray_at_ops.selu.edu>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2003 18:13:02 -0500 (CDT)

hasn't this happened before? We start talking about something and
the next day it shows up on slashdot...cool

Developers: Measuring The Benefits Of The Gentoo Approach
http://articles.linmagau.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=227

"We're constantly hearing how the source based nature of the Gentoo distro
makes better use of your hardware, but no-one seems to have really tested
it. What kind of gains are involved over distros which use binary
packaging? The article is here."

ray