Re: [Nolug] debian question

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 22:24:48 -0500

Scott Harney <scotth@scottharney.com> writes:

> On Solaris you have to make all the /etc/rc*.d/K99foo and
> /etc/rc*.d/S99foo links yourself. And there's no facilities for
> restart/reload/status or cool stuff like start-stop-daemon.

FWIW, I worked on porting a lot of the Debian dpkg stuff (including
start-stop-daemon and update-rc.d) to Solaris a couple years ago.

(There's also a small apt-get repository for Solaris as well as a
couple of other nascent solaris packaging/repository efforts. None
use the native SVR4 package format, as far as I can tell. What would
be killer is a port of APT for the SVR4 package format. Solaris
patches applied via apt-get! YeeHaw!)

Mark.