[Nolug] restaurant update

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:44:15 +0000

Hey all,

I passed by Cooter Brown's tonight on my way home from the LFS meeting. To be
honest, I didn't really like it. While I'm sure it's a great bar, it doesn't
appeal to me as a place for a nolug meeting. Grubby and loud (just like I
used to enjoy, long ago, but I digress...).

Also there is still the issue of minors not being able to attend our
function. Perhaps we should stick to restaurants that serve alcohol instead
of bars that serve food.

Having said that, perhaps we could meet at a restaurant on that corner
(there's several within a couple of blocks that we could choose from), and
once we finish eating, those of us that wanted to head over to Cooter's would
be free to do so. There's pool tables, and even a wireless AP running :-)
Also the place was half empty, so there would be more than enough room for
whoever.