[Nolug] php help: storing from variable # of form entries

From: Christopher M. Jones <cjones12_at_tulane.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 00:01:49 -0500

I am just learning some php to make a web application. I have hit upon
what is (to me) an insuperable problem. I need to create a form page
that presents a variable number of inputs. The php needs to iterate
through this variable number of form inputs to store the data into a
database.

For example, a list of students is presented (size of class varies)
along with entry fields for grades. Hit a button at the bottom of the
page and all entered grades are stored.

The problem I have is how to iterate the name of the variable from the
<input name=<varname>> tag.
Does this make sense? I have been unable to find example code that does
what I want. Maybe someone could at least point me in the right
direction?