Re: [Nolug] php help: storing from variable # of form entries

From: Brett D. Estrade <estrabd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 04:41:42 -0700 (PDT)

I think I understand - check out a page I did a couple of years ago -
http://www.thetaxi.org/Chapters/Forms/amform.php

You select how many entries you want to, then it recycles the page to produce that many available
entries.

Basically what you do is this:

<!-- html -->
<form action="<?$PHP_SELF?>" method="post">
<?
/* php */
for ($i=0;$i <= $_POST('SomeNumberToCreate';$i++) {
  ?>
    <input type="text" name="VariableTextInput_<?echo $i;?>" value="">
  <?
}
?>

<input type="submit">
</form>

Then you can use one of Scott's suggestions to process that input....

Hope this helps, feel free to contact me with further questions.

Brett