Re: [Nolug] NOLUG Clubhouse

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 08:08:35 +0000

Thou spake:
<snip>

>It would make meetings easier, since we wouldn't be beholden to
>UNO, and the need to have a student with a key to the o/h projector.

<snip>

I think we've discussed the idea of leaving UNO before, and decided that it's
not the brightest idea we ever had. Both us and UNO benefit, and they really
want us there.

When I shared my idea with Scott, I was thinking in terms of a separate place
to house gear and hang out at. While the meetings would still be at UNO, a
clubhouse (I didn't use that word, but it certainly fits) could be open
whever those that had keys decided to open it. Perhaps a couple of evenings
during the week, and Saturdays.

What put the bug in me to do something like this was the LALUGS trip a few
months ago. Twelve geeks spent over an hour in a computer lab, hacking at
this or that, sharing bits of knowledge, etc. It was a blast. I really would
like to see something like that available for nolug.