Re: [Nolug] NOLUG Clubhouse

From: Alex McKenzie <alex_at_boxchain.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 10:38:48 -0500 (CDT)

I know the computer center lab is open late. It can be reserved by
professors, but I doubt it would be a good place for a meeting. For one,
we would all need to bring Knoppix disks :P.

UNO seems to love M$ lately. They just switched the student mail system
to Ex-mange fer chrissakes. And the network is worse than ever, and was
just upgraded last year.

But I do know some professors who are interested in Linux, but mostly as a
curiosity. Then again, I'm not in the Math/CS department. I'll do some
asking, but someone tell me what would be involved on their end. I think
it would be a really good idea to get UNO more involved with *nix.

And: are there still print-your-own flyers? Campus needs to be
wallpapered again.

--
Alex McKenzie     alex@boxchain.com       http://boxchain.com/
<quote who="Joey Kelly">