Re: [Nolug] Spamassassin configuration

From: Scott Harney <scotth_at_scottharney.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:10:48 -0500

"J. Kent Busbee, Jr." <buz@penwel.com> writes:

> I have a user who wishes to whitelist an newsletter she gets. Can I
> somehow add this to her and her alone by using
> /usr/home/kathy/.spamassassin/user_prefs? Or where else should I put
> it?

Yep.

something like
whitelist_from newsletter@domain.com

in the user_prefs

> /usr/home/kathy/.spamassassin/ does NOT exist by the way. Where should
> I copy it from? What permissions? I would assume owner kathy?

Just make a directory, owner kathy, make sure anyone can read the prefs
file (so spamassassin can read it)

> Should/Could there be a .spamassassin folder for each user?

could be. doesn't have to be. Useful to override specific entries
or create user whitelists. Perhaps a user wants a more or less
restrictive threshold. you can do that with user_prefs.

perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin and perldoc Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf have
the goods. You may have to make other changes if you're using
spamd/spamc on a global basis. (read docs for allow_user_rules in the
Conf documentation)

> Thanks for any help
>
> Kent

Scott Harney<scotth@scottharney.com>
"...and one script to rule them all."
gpg key fingerprint=7125 0BD3 8EC4 08D7 321D CEE9 F024 7DA6 0BC7 94E5