RE: [Nolug] plenum cat5 cable

From: Wimprine, Thomas <twimprine_at_stei.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:35:05 -0500

Let me clarify a little. Sealed conduit such as PVC (and there is a special
type I believe). This prevents the cable from getting wet and the ends
really should go into each building (structure) this prevents water from
getting into them and allowing the cable to sit in water. Which from what I
understand will cause it to fail eventually. (It's PVC, you would think it
could sit in water...) There is a special type of Romex you can buy for
outside power without the conduit, but I don't know about data cable for the
same thing.