Re: [Nolug] [spamassassin.general] RCVD_IN_ORBS

From: Andrew S. Johnson <andy_at_asjohnson.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:05:31 -0500

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 10:09 pm, Mark A. Hershberger wrote:

> If any of you guys are using SpamAssassin, you might want to disable
> the RCVD_IN_ORBS rule by putting a line like this in your local.cf:
>
> score RCVD_IN_ORBS 0.0

I'm not sure what that rule does, but it doesn't seem to be adding
any points to the spam I get. However, since I have sendmail
configured to reject any mail where the reverse DNS lookup
fails, then in theory I shouldn't have to worry about fake DNS
records anyway. One could just add any name that resolves to
64.94.110.11 to their blacklist, just to be sure.

Andy Johnson