Re: [Nolug] Re:

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:38:46 -0500

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 15:25, Tim Kelley wrote:
> > Your slant is showing.
> >
> > What makes working for Civil Service suddenly imbue you with brains,
> > ethics and kindness? Haven't you ever gone down to City Hall?
>
> And this experience is in what way different from calling a major software
> company for "technical support"?

Every time I've called Oracle (yes, *that* Oracle) for support on
Rdb/VMS, I've gotten quick, knowledgeable support.

> Private businesses have all the worst aspects of any other organization, and
> then some. There's a reason Dilbert became so popular, you know - it's all
> true - he really isn't making any of that stuff up.

The point isn't that *I* think that the private sector is nirvana
and the public sector is the 7th Hell. I know better: both are
staffed by humans, and thereby are imperfect by definition.

The problem is that *you* think the public sector is nirvana and
private sector is the 7th Hell.