Re: [Nolug] Re:

From: Tim Kelley <tpk_at_23rdward.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:38:49 -0500

On Friday 19 September 2003 3:38 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:

> The point isn't that *I* think that the private sector is nirvana
> and the public sector is the 7th Hell. I know better: both are
> staffed by humans, and thereby are imperfect by definition.
>
> The problem is that *you* think the public sector is nirvana and
> private sector is the 7th Hell.

Where'd I say that? I'm sure the public sector has it's own hells to
deal with, but at this point I've had all the management theories and
double-talk, TQM, sales crap, fox-news-playing-24/7-in-the-breakroom
and backstabbing ladder climbers to last a lifetime. Imperfection I
can live with.

Any heirarchic bueararacy engenders misery though (well at least to me),
and the public sector has more than enough of that going around.

--
Tim Kelley
tpk at 23rdward dot org