Re: [Nolug] Re:

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 01:40:30 -0500

On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 18:38, Tim Kelley wrote:
> On Friday 19 September 2003 3:38 pm, Ron Johnson wrote:
>
> > The point isn't that *I* think that the private sector is nirvana
> > and the public sector is the 7th Hell. I know better: both are
> > staffed by humans, and thereby are imperfect by definition.
> >
> > The problem is that *you* think the public sector is nirvana and
> > private sector is the 7th Hell.
>

> Where'd I say that?

<QUOTE>
Most people in their right mind would prefer to work in a gov agency,
university or something like that.
</QUOTE>

> I'm sure the public sector has it's own hells to
> deal with, but at this point I've had all the management theories and
> double-talk, TQM, sales crap, fox-news-playing-24/7-in-the-breakroom
> and backstabbing ladder climbers to last a lifetime. Imperfection I
> can live with.

The only place I ever saw that had a TV in the break room, it was
only turned on once, and that for video drivel from upper management.

There are just as many devious, conniving backstabbers trying to
get to the high pay grades as there are trying to get into a
corner office.

> Any heirarchic bueararacy engenders misery though (well at least to me),
> and the public sector has more than enough of that going around.

We're never going to agree on this, so this thread should stop.