Re: [Nolug] Re: SpamAssassin and Dialup

From: Joey Kelly <joey_at_joeykelly.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:08:30 +0000

<snip>

>That said, the correct solution to the problem of the overwhelming
>number spam emails is a virus scanner on the server.

Procmail can delete junk before you pop your mail. I've got a list of naughty
attachments that I scan for, then send the entire email (message and payload)
to /dev/null, so I never even see most malware.

If all you've got is procmail (you don't admin the box, or won't/can't set up
site-wide filtering, this works just as good, I suppose.