Re: [Nolug] Genome Sequencing uses: Perl

From: Mark A. Hershberger <mah_at_everybody.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 20:29:12 -0500

Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> writes:

> On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 18:43, Brett D. Estrade wrote:
>> No doubt .. might I add that Perl is much nearly ubiquitous on *nix
>> machines - thats the part that makes Perl most useful to my job :)
>
> True, since it's progeny are sed, awk & grep.

Oh, come on. Even Larry Wall will say it is more bastardized than
that. There's some Ada, Lisp, and C in there, too.

Python is ok, it just doesn't have the ecclectic wonderful-ness that
Perl does. Or CPAN. Or CPAN.pm.

Mark.

--
If you want to know who is funding terrorists, look in the vanity
mirror as you turn the key of your SUV.