Re: [Nolug] governor's race

From: Tim Kelley <tpk_at_23rdward.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:48:32 -0500

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 2:06 pm, Paul Dunbar wrote:
> while looking over the upcoming election info at
> http://voter.e-thepeople.org/a-acadianow/
> (cookies required for full functionality)
>
> I stumbled upon this guy:
> http://www.mikestaggforgovernor.com/
>
> not sure how i feel about a lot of his issues (still reading) but i
> stumbled upon this

He seems OK by me, at least he seems to be a genuine progressive.

As far as the Open Source thing:

Well it is important, because if the government is using open source
they are more likely to need programmers for adjusting and customizing
it. Means more high tech jobs for the state. The cost vs. proprietary
software may not be all that great, but it will create some decent jobs
where use of proprietary software would not.

--
Tim Kelley
tpk at 23rdward dot org