RE: [Nolug] governor's race

From: Chris Reames <chris_at_drugfreemro.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:35:26 -0500

I read through his articles, and the re-occuring thought I had was 'This guy
must be listening to a very bad radio talk show'. But then again, at least
he's listening. He has good ideas of what the public majority wants, but
doesn't understand enough to make "good" judgements about them. To make the
kinds of cuts and changes he's proposing really needs years of study and
'first hand' evaluation. For instance, if you want to know how to fix
health insurance for the elderly, ask the 85 year old lady on Tonti who is
taking care of her two great-grandchildren alone on SSI. Or commission a
statewide departmentaly conducted survey on budget reduction by
streamlining. If no cuts can be found, eliminate the department head (this
is overly drastic, and proves my point about uninformed judgements).

Over all, he seems to genuinly want to improve the State. Like Paul said,
he more informative than most.