Re: [Nolug] Re: Networked refrigerators

From: Brad N Bendily <brad_at_selu.edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:31:41 -0500 (CDT)

> This sort of thing has been around for at least as long as modems.
> Check out X10's "Home Automation" section.
> http://www.x10.com/automation/homeautomation.htm

Nah, X10 is pretty much crap in the home automation arena. Maybe if
I wanted to do a few small things I might use X10. I've seen
other products for full home automation and they are very expensive.
One even included voice commands. walk into a room and say
"Lights On" and they come on. That's some cool home automation.

Too bad the products are way to expensive for the average home
owner. X10 will have to suffice for now, but it's not the answer.

BB