Re: Networked refrigerators (was Re: [Nolug] Vint Cerf talk (my notes from his talk at LSU))

From: Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:59:26 -0500

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 09:43, Joey Kelly wrote:
> Thou spake:
> <snip>
> >
> >How would it look inside the egg carton to count the eggs?
>
> You'd scan each egg (or tell the fridge "I'm taking out two eggs, HAL"), and
> it would keep track.

But that's not how people usually work. The normal way of doing
things is to take a bunch of pots, jugs, trays, etc out of the
fridge and to the counter, do the cooking, and bring any partly
empty containers + any new ones of leftovers back to the fridge.

Remember, the goal is to make life easier, not more Windows-like.

In other words: K.I.S,E.