RE: [Nolug] Fwd: [IPG] Now the Shift Key is a DCMA Target

From: Chris Reames <chris_at_drugfreemro.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 11:54:59 -0500

What exactly are you asking us to write our Congressmen about?
The DMCA?
The freedom of speech for Halderman?
That programming for Microsoft is immediately flawed by concept?
That MediaMax CD3 is not what its advertised to be?
That Linux users don't seem to be included in production OSs?

Not trying to nit pick, but after reading the stories you linked to, all I
can see is that SunnComm is being a cry baby whiney butt.
I mean really, if a documented (lets call it a hack) can disable the
installation of your security measures, wouldn't you write a translation or
decode procedure that will look to see if your security measure was indeed
functioning?